What types of asthma medication can I request a new prescription for through Amazon Clinic?
You can request prescription renewal for most asthma medications through Amazon Clinic. These include quick relief medications and controller medications that can help prevent asthma exacerbations.
• Short-acting beta agonists (SABAs) like albuterol sulfate (Ventolin, Proventil) and levalbuterol (Xopenex)
• Inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs) like fluticasone propionate (Flovent), budesonide (Pulmicort), and mometasone (Asmanex)
• Long-acting beta agonists (LABAs) like salmeterol (Serevent)
• Anticholinergic agents: Short-acting muscarinic antagonists (SAMAs) like ipratropium bromide (Atrovent) and long-acting muscarinic antagonists (LAMAs) like tiotropium bromide (Spiriva)
• ICS-LABA combination inhalers like fluticasone propionate-salmeterol (Airduo) and budesonide furoate-formoterol (Symbicort)
• Leukotriene inhibitors like montelukast (Singulair)
Oral inhalation asthma medications can be delivered via metered dose inhaler (MDI), which uses HFA to propel medication into the lungs, or via dry powder inhaler (DPI), which is breath-actuated. Some asthma drugs can also be prescribed in vial form as nebulizer solution.
Please note: This information is for general reference only. Your clinician will review your symptoms and health history to determine which (if any) treatments are medically appropriate.