Certain medications and supplements may affect how well emergency contraception works, including the following:
• Seizure medications like phenytoin, carbamazepine, barbiturates, primidone, topiramate, or oxcarbazepine
• Rifampin (Rifadin) or daily antibiotics
• Warfarin (Jantoven, Coumadin)
• Anastrozole (Arimidex), exemestane (Aromasin), or letrozole (Femara)
• Hormone-based birth control
Your clinician will review your health information and let you know if you'll need to pause or stop other therapies before you take ella.